Old April 9th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Bob La Londe

Default How much HP per pound?

I have a 16' Waco 2050-16 with a 50HP Force. It moves at about 30MPH under
ideal conditions. I have been told that Force puts out about 35 SHP so I am
guessing a 35-50 HP in a modern SHP rated motor would be more than adequate
for my needs. I thinka 25 would be under powered. I am actually looking
for a good newer 50 to replace my Force because getting up the river quickly
can most certainly be an issue for me when fishing a tournament. I don't
need to get up the river 30 miles up river in 30 minutes either (not in that
boat) becasue I have a biger boat that will do that, but I really don't want
to have to cut a good bite short either because it will take me an hour to
get back to the weigh in.

--
Public Fishing Forums
Fishing Link Index

webmaster
at
YumaBsssMan
dot
com
"DAVID MC CARVER" wrote in message
I have ordered a new aluminum boat for catfishing and am not interested in
200HP motors or getting 25 miles down the lake in 30 minutes. I would like
the hull to plane out and not feel sluggish under power. The new boat

will
weigh 500 lbs. and perhaps 1000 to 1200 less motor when loaded. I would

like
to put a 25HP on it but am afraid that's a little light. I notice that

some
similar boat packages have 25s on them. Does anyone have any advice?
Thanks -- Dave