Old September 24th, 2009, 08:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
MajorOz

Default Single Malts

On Sep 23, 9:28*pm, Giles wrote:
On Sep 23, 9:18*pm, MajorOz wrote:

On Sep 23, 9:11*pm, Giles wrote:

On Sep 23, 11:31*am, JR wrote:

"Teach a man to fish and he'll learn how to drink."

And the truth will not be in him.

...or so deep that only his fellows can know.

Yes, I remember some of those late night discussions......um.....or
feel like i ought to, anyway. * * *

cheers

Prosit!

oz, Caol Ila and Scapa fan

I haven't the foggiest notion of what that means.....but I suspect
that it's at least marginally more complimentary than some of the

They are both lovely single malts.

(both from my Son, who gets to N.Sea oil
rigs on consulting trips now and then)

Never been to the North Sea, but I've spent a bit of time in the North
Atlantic. *Tell him to take care......as I'm sure he knows (as well as
you and I) it ain't as friendly as it is beautiful.

He flies in to .... somewhere on the coast and choppers out to the
rigs. He is an environmental consultant -- showing them what to fix
before some agency fines them zillions of dollars. On the way back he
buys (or gets from grateful clients) oodles of duty free booze. He
is mostly a vodka and tequila guy, so dad gets the good stuff.

And, yes, he adheres to dad's advice: "when in doubt, chicken out" and
stays on the ground when N Sea gets bitchy.

cheers

oz