Old December 26th, 2007, 09:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Default Fifty Places to Fly Fish Before You Die (by Chris Santella)

Ken Fortenberry typed:
Mike wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Mike wrote:
snip
A merry Christmas? No, I wish you all the same as you wish others,
and it is to be hoped that you receive your just deserts.
Happy Holidays Your Loonyness, and I hope whoever it is who forces
you to spend your valuable time reading, and commenting on, this
unpleasant waste of time called roff will grant you a reprieve in
2008.

I merely wished you what you wished others. I am not responsible for
you being nasty.

My holiday wish for roff was "May your days be merry and bright."
I hope I receive desserts and not deserts. ;-)

Nopalito Pie (Cactus Pie) -- http://www.recipezaar.com/85893

An unusual dessert from Margarita C. Hinojosa of Benavides, Texas, famous in
the Rio Grande Valley for her Nopalito Pie as published in the Texas
Highways magazine. Her creation is reminiscent of the taste of apple pie,
especially if served warm and topped with a gorgeous vanilla ice cream
(whipped cream works well, too).

8 fresh cactus pieces, paddles with thorns and eyes removed and tough edges
sliced off,diced
1 pastry for double-crust pie, 9 inch (either your favorite recipe OR frozen
premade pie crusts)
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 slice Fruit of prickly pear cactus (optional)

Preheat oven to 350F.
Parboil cactus for 3 minutes in enough boiling, lightly salted water to
cover in a covered saucepan.
Drain and rinse under running water.
Roll half of pastry to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
Place in a 9-inch pie plate; trim off excess pastry along edges and set to
the side.
Combine cactus dice (nopalitos) and next three ingredients; mix well by
hand.
Spoon filling evenly into pastry shell, and dot with butter.
Roll remaining pastry to 1/8-inch thickness; cut into 1/2-inch strips and
arrange into lattice; fold edges under and flute into a pretty edge.
Bake for 50-60 minutes.
Garnish with slice of prickly pear fruit, if desired.

--
TL,
Tim