Old May 2nd, 2007, 02:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default BP Batteries

"Chris S" wrote in message
. ..
For the Trojan Starting Battery 1100 I paid $90 for and the 2 Trolling
batteris 225 I paid $125 each and the 180's I think where about $90 each
if I remember right. . Now the last pair of Trolling batteries I had
where on a Guest charger 24/7 all year long and I got 5 years out of them.
So I guess its how good of luck you had with them or any other Battery but
I'll take them over any others at this time.......
The Boat came with smaller optima but the reserve with them sucked as they
didnt last a half day in a tourny. Ya they charge fast but that didnt do
me any good that day Went back to Trojans and I havent had any
problems with batteries lasting all day.
Guess its just what you like

I suppose.

I have not had all that great of luck with Trojans. I've had about equal
performance from Sears Diehard deep cycles. Also, the price of Trojans
has jumped way up in the last year. Stupidly high. The local shop
wanted 180 each for a set of group 31s, and the best I could find them on
line for was about 140+ freight.

At 180 for Trojans its not that much to step up to some absorbed glass
matt batteries at 199 each. That's what I did. Got a set of Cabelas
brand AGMs. I have not had them long ewnough to tell how they will last
long term, but short term they are sure holding up real well for under
hard use. Better than my Trojans or my Diehards.

Saturday I spent 8 hrs in the current fishing an ABA tournament pulling
hard and flipping. I had the stereo on the second half of the day. At
the end of the day the TM was pulling just as hard as it did at the
begining of the day. I put the independent 6 amp chargers on them over
night, and they all read full charge the next morning ready to go. I
fished the Yuma Pro Am tournament on Sunday and did it again. Again at
the end of the day the TM still had enough thrust to pitch you out of the
boat if you weren't careful.

Now to see how many months I get out of them. I got 12-18 months max out
Trojans or Diehards and less out of Interstates in the past. They would
still load test as good, but they just couldn't pull hard all day long
anymore.

If I can get two years out of them it will be a first.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River