Old March 15th, 2009, 04:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Default Rain gear??

"Da Chief" wrote in message
I'm considering the purchase of some insulated rain gear (parka and bib
pants), especially after fishing Allatoona in the rain and cold yesterday.
However, I want it in camo so that I can use it for hunting as well.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Shelby Foles,

Hi Shelby,

For over ten years, I've been using Mad Dog camo rain gear. Mine is
uninsulated, as I prefer to layer underneath to give me the versatility of
using it in warmer weather. The Mad Dog stuff is comfortable to wear, as it
doesn't get damp and clammy while wearing it and does a good job of stopping
the wind as well. I've worn this stuff while hunting and it's quiet as
well. Wearing this, I've taken over a dozen whitetail deer, two black bears
and a caribou. Even though I've worn this extensively, almost year round,
it's just now starting to leak a little at the seams. So I consider it to
have given me a lot of great service and has been a very good investment.
It's a short jacket and bibs.

Now, if you really want something insulated, look for Browning Hydro-Fleece.
I have some of that too, a longer coat (with a zip out liner) and bibs.
This is insulated gear and have proven to be extremely warm, and waterproof.
I've worn it hunting in cold down to -18.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com