Old December 3rd, 2009, 12:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
♂Sod BusterΩ

Default Raising Red worms

"Steve B" wrote in message
news

"?Sod Buster?" wrote

Cow patties between wet and dry crushed up in rich dirt or food waste.
Cornmeal, compost, fertile dirts/waste, and such. Waste from the barn,
chicken manure. A little moss dirt, cow patties, chicken manure, and
those types of things worms do love.
SodBuster

Whoa, bubba. I have been wanting to start an earthworm section in my
garden, and was wondering what to do. I got a dozen cows next to my house
that the neighbor raises. Cowpies I got. Thanks for the info.

Steve

Those cow patties are just about good for anything, and, I do mean anything.
Around a barn, where cows, pigs, horses, chickens, and other animals reside,
you can find ring necks, if the ground is moist. Ring necks were always the
best for river fishing and pond fishing, they beat red wigglers and such by
a mile. Just be sure there are no fire ants nor any other ants within a
hundred yards of your worm beds. Yep, I was reared on a farm and it was
hard work, but we did learn how to fish and hunt because we had to eat.
SodBuster