Old June 20th, 2018, 03:51 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

Default Decreasing thrust of a trolling motor

On Sunday, May 16, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Jon Stewart wrote:
I have an unusual problem with my trolling motor - it's too powerful. I
have a 12' aluminum John boat and bought a 30 lb thrust12 V Minn-Kota.
Nice motor, but even on the slowest setting it moves the boat too fast,
especially for plastic worm fishing. Using the reverse setting (and
turning around the motor) works a little better, but it's still too fast
unless the wind is very strong. What I would like to do is cut the
speed by a factor of 2 or 3 on all settings. I had thought about
cutting off part of each prop blade to decrease the efficiency. Any
other ideas?

Jon Stewart

HOW ABOUT BUYING SMALLER PROP OR CUTTING THE EDGES OF YOUR PROP.
THAT IA WHAT I WILL DO.
HAVE SIMILAR PROBLEM
ED