Old January 19th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Jarmo Hurri

Default suggestions for a FF backpack

Eric i'm currently mulling over the purchase of a backpack for fly
Eric fishing.

Eric i'm looking for something which offers enough room for waders
Eric and maybe a small one person tent. tie ons for a sleeping bag
Eric would be good too of course.

Hi Eric!

I can give you one recommendation. I have been looking at the
available models, because I have a similar problem: I have to select a
daypack for myself, but it would also be good if my wife could use the
same pack as a backpack when we're hiking. Therefore I have to find a
compromise between a hiking backpack and a daypack.

I've taken a look at a broad range of products from different
manufacturers, and I think that I will end up choosing some model from
the Deuter Futura series (see
http://www.deuterusa.com/Product/Hiking.htm). All of the models have
tie-in positions suitable for tubes on both sides of the pack. The
packs seem to have a solid, rugged construction. They ride high, even
the 42 liter model - this is important when you're carrying the pack
when wading. The carrying system is a bit futuristic, but it should
also keep you cooler - a very good property for a daypack.

Notice that the 22 and 28 liter models do *not* have attachment rings
for a sleeping or something similar, while the other models do have
them.

Hope this helps.

(BTW, I think my first followup left accidentally as a reply. Note
that the email address in that reply is incorrect.)

--
Jarmo Hurri

Spam countermeasures included. Drop your brain when replying, or just
use .

--

.