Old February 20th, 2011, 06:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default Why I Can't be a Guide

On Feb 11, 8:35*pm, ScovilleUnit wrote:
"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com" wrote :

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I took a couple snowbirds fishing today. *We have had some recent
temperature drops and water temp has not fully rebounded yet so I
expected a slow crank bait bite. *I was right. *I'm sure glad I was
just fishing though and not guiding. *(I don't guide.) *My two guests
couldn't handle basic skills. *One refused to use spinning tackle and
then proceeded to backlash a brand new Curado 200E all day long. *She
was better than my other guest. *He did use spinning tackle, but he
tried to lob cast a crankbait all day long like he was lobbing a
Carolina rig or a multi dropper bait rig. *It was painful to watch. *I
tried to help both of them throughout the day, but its frustrating
when they wouldn't or couldn't adjust their techniques to what was
working. *Every time I caught a fish I unsnapped the crank I was using
and gave it to one of my guests. *One never got a fish all day. *The
other caught one tiny little 10 incher.

Neither had any accuracy or distance. *It looked like neither of them
had an previous experience casting a crank bait. *If I had been
guiding instead of fishing I would have felt like I failed to show
them what they had to do to catch fish. *I caught 7 keeper size from
2 to 4 pounds. That's pretty good for me for winter fishing. *I tried
to tell them some points, structure, & breaks that fish orient to or
hold on, but I felt like my efforts were wasted. *These were both
"experienced anglers" who love to fish. *I took them out because one
of my good clients from my day job asked me too.

Wow! *It was frustrating. *I think if I had been out fishing by
myself I would have spent twice as much time fishing productively. *3
out of 4 areas I selected produced fish. *I don't see how guys like
Willhide can do it.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

I feel your pain Bob. *I guided for 17 years myself and had many days
like you just described. *Luckily, I've retired from guiding and moved
from Wisconsin to Tennessee. *Now, if I wanted to guide, I'd have to
get a Coast Guard Six Pack License and I don't feel like doing that...

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!! * *(How Clintonesqe)

You two 2-bit worthless $pamers have to be the most low-life, cheap
UseNet exploiting Whores of all time. * I don't believe, for one
microsecond, your poor-ole-me my-$pam-is-failing BS!!!!

Why don't you two shiftless bums go out and get a REAL job, instead of
trying to sell your $pam here!!!!

You two should have HORMEL tattooed across your greasy foreheads, and a
$pam feeding tube shoved down your throat.

HH.

You should go raid your mommies purse and steal her keys so you can
drive out and say that to me or Steve personally.