Old November 30th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Lee D

Default Goliath grouper (Jewfish) from Piers and bridges

"mike" wrote
I always heard about this, but I have never been able to do it my
self. What I need is to know what to look for and what piers are
productive. I am in manatee county, I like the piers on anna maria
island and south. I am not to particularly fond of fishing with the
crowds on the sunshine skyway. Thanks Mike D

Find a place where the water is deep. The only places in South Texas in
which Jewfish have been landed run between 30 and 60 ft deep. The ship
channel along the jetties is about the best place around here.

I wish we were still allowed to keep them here.

Lee D