Old May 30th, 2007, 12:13 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Derek Moody

Default Mucilin

In article , W. D. Grey
wrote:
In article , Derek Moody
writes

Depends what you're trying to do. Sometimes a nominally sinking line will
pick up so much gunk (especially in hot weather) that it floats when casting
short - a sort of self greasing effect. Then a degrease and clean restores
it. If you're fishing a floating line and want to get the leader down then,
yes, just degrease the leader.

Agreed, but I wouldn't put Mucilin sinkant on my lines - only the
leader.

With modern lines you don't know what harm the dressing would do to the
material.

I don't use modern lines, well, maybe I do, I wouldn't know. I buy
mill-ends. Generally they're fine bar cosmetic damage - one in every ten or
so is too malformed for use but that's fair enough odds as they're under 4
quid a piece. At that price I don't care if they only last half a season -
though most of them last just as long as any other line and catch more fish
as I don't have to worry about scragging them and so cast into all the
really fishy snags.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/