Old September 26th, 2003, 11:50 AM
Dave B

Default putting the damn beads on

Here's a trick I recently learned from a fellow fly tyier...
With the bead lying flat on your bench, hold the hook by the eye or shank
with tweezers. Push the point of the hook against the edge of the hole in
the bead and the bead will jump on the hook.
Very simple and works like a charm.
DEB
"c.renn" wrote in message
I usually just pour a few beads into my palm and, using tweezers to hold

the
small hooks, snag a bead, roll the hook to move the bead to the front, and
drop it into a cup on the bench. Then on to the next hook, until I've got

couple of dozen ready to tie. Some get off again, but not many. And,

I've
yet to stab myself this way.

Charley,
in Corvallis, OR

"Larry Linthicum" wrote in message
news
I'm sure it's been asked before, but, what is a "easy" way to get tiny

beads
on tiny hooks? I just beaded up about 2 dozen 18s and I'm ready to

scream