Old March 7th, 2004, 02:32 AM
Andrew Kidd

Default The new boat search has concluded... (long)

"Bob" wrote in message

As for the Southern Classic, I'm unfortunately already commited to
Georgia over Spring break with the wife and kids. That, and the new

boat,
kinda taps out all the fun money for the time being.
--
Andrew Kidd

But you do have a nifty, new toy to play with this year. And it's only a

few
weeks until you get it, though might seem like forever!
Fished out of a Triton last year and was very impressed. Friend of mine

has
one of the "Multi-Species" models (don't remember which one, though), and

we
had a ball fishing on Castle Rock and Pettenwell lakes in Wisconsin.
Me, I'm a bit more of an aluminum, beat around kind of guy. You know the
type of boat I'm talking about. The one that has 2/3 of the paint scrapped
off of the bottom from seeing almost as many miles of submerged rocks as

it
sees of open water. And Triton has a new Stick-Steer that I am going to

have
to take a look at and dream about scrapping some more paint. Hope the

wifey
is ready for another small hit to the bank account :-D

You're absolutely right Bob... I feel like a very fortunate man this
evening. As for the boat you are speaking of, I know exactly what you're
talking about. My first boat was a twelve foot row boat, with a 1970's
trolling motor. If I had to guess, I'd say it was somewhere around a 10lb
thrust. The boat was so heavy, it took me and a friend to drag it to from
my Mom and Dad's chicken coop to the little one acre pond a hundred feet
away.-
Next boat I fished from was a friends 1970's style TomCat or TomBoy, or
something like that. We completely decked that boat out like a mini bass
boat. What great fun.... The building of it was *almost* as much fun as
using it.
The first fiberglass bass boat I owned was the 93 Nitro I just traded
in. It had more then it's share of war wounds, but was still in pretty good
shape. It was slightly sad walking away from it today. Over 10 years worth
of wonderful memories that boat helped build. More then worth the money
spent... Hope I get to build another 10 from the front deck of the new one!
Best of luck with your negotiations with the wife! :-)
--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!