Old April 28th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Doyce McIlvene

Default Repairing a broken rod tip

Hey Jeff,
Rich P is correct. Do the repair as he suggests and put a new tip on the
rod. I have a rather expensive graphite rod that was orginally a 7 foot
medium heavy action that I broke the tip on and after cutting it off and
replacing the tip, I found that it was perfect as a pitching rod at 6'10".

Keep yer line wet and yer fanny dry!
--
Doyce
"Jeff Durham" wrote in message
To all:

Any suggestions on repairing a broken tip? I have a 10.5 foot pole that I
use when float fishing for Crappies off my boat especially when they are
deep. There is probably 4 inches between the rod tip and the next eyelet.
It is not a super expensive pole, but it is one of the Tourney Specials
ultralight sold by Bass Pro. I think I paid $30 for it on sale. I still
have the piece that broke off. It broke about 1 1/2" from the end.

Here were my thoughts on repair:
1.) Cut off the rest of the rod tip back to the next eyelet.
2.) Buy a new rod tip? I thought I have seen some where you can buy a rod
tip to that you somehow attach it much like attaching two rod pieces
together.
3.) Buy a new pole. Probably not necessary because I don't really do any
casting with this pole. It is more for fishing right off the boat.

Thanks,
Jeff