Old March 14th, 2012, 12:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
john b

Default ....got the fever....

Oh yeah, I'm barreling down the road. I have everything I need!

You see, I keep a rucksack by my door with my four piece Penns five weight
nearby. . All I need to do is grab a liter of frozen water from the freezer
and I am ready to go. I keep my sack stocked with crackers and peanut butter
and candy bars and occasionally I'll toss in some carrots or apples.

I head down the highway and take a turn. A few clicks up the mountain and I
am beyond electric, beyond water and beyond pavement.

I stop at a sari sari store, like a rum shop kiosk and chat with the boys.
They laugh and ask if I am going fishing again. I hold my rod case high
and say, "Yes, I am!"

Sometimes I bring the small ones back with me and give them out...for these
folks...it is a blessing of food.

For many kilometers I hike.

At the river I unpack. From my rucksack I take my vest and hang it on a
tree limb. The frozen liter goes in the sun to provide me with cold water
whenever I need it. The rod I lay beside a tree.

I study the water. The big one is in there...I know it!

I munch a snack, plan my attack....

And then I go to my rucksack and get my gold pan.....yeah baby I am panning
for gold.

I got the fever!

john