Old March 24th, 2012, 03:33 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

Default ....got the fever....

On 2012-03-20 16:19:25 -0400, "Tim J."
said:

Frank Reid © 2010 typed:
On Mar 14, 7:56 am, "john b" wrote:

snip
And then I go to my rucksack and get my gold pan.....yeah baby I am
panning for gold.

I got the fever!

Here in the states, we have some shows on digging for gold in Alaska.
Cool one is the guys diving with dredge hoses in Nome. *Something I
would have done when I was younger. *Looked cool.

Frank in a diving suit in 30 feet of water, holding a strong suction hose,
heat and air provide by hoses from crappy equipment based on a platform
dredge that looks like in wouldn't float in a puddle and would fall apart in
a mild breeze. What could go wrong?

Frank in a set of waders in fast water, holding a beloved flyrod, using
a Falstaff with worn rubber bands, on shaky knees, casting a size 2 10x
streamer without its barb pinched, in a mild breeze. *What could go
wrong?

d;o)

NAUI certified diver, private pilots license, white water rescue
certification... just 'cause I've had a couple of mishaps... all that
good goes out the window. Geez.
Frank Reid
(yeah, just because I drove the Rose Parade float into the crowd
doesn't mean it was all my fault)