Old July 18th, 2008, 01:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Rick[_7_]

Default Hook size for mealworms

"Rodney Long" wrote in message
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:

" George" wrote in message
I am considering fishing for pan fish at the local park and was
wondering what would be a good hook size to use?
George in Las Vegas

I commonly use #10 or #12 hooks for panfish.

Steve is right, but the problem is these hooks are hard to find, I
normally use a number 8, A number 8 will catch any pan fish worth
catching.

Meal worms are a good bait, but "wax Worms" are better

Or just use a rat finkie jig. you can add a wax worm if the pan fish are
not hitting hard on the jig alone. I have been using them for the last 5
weeks here in wisconsin and have pretty much limited out on pan fish every
day that I have gone out... I have been using 10's and 12's... have landed a
few 14 and 15 inch bass on them as well.. wasnt the intended fish, but hey,
what the heck...

A guy I work with turned me on to them. He swears by them.. doesnt use
anything else for panfish... I am starting to have the same opinion of them
as well..

Rick