Old February 1st, 2007, 01:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
[email protected]

Default Fishing out of NY/NJ area

I just purchased a 25' SeaRay (Family Boat) and am looking forward to
getting some nice fishing in this season. It was a good comprimise, a
safe boat for the family with enough room to take a couple of friends
out for great day of fishing. I have it on a trailer so I am willing
to go whereever I have to in order to find some good fishing. I spent
alot of time on the party boats out of Point Pleasant and am looking
forward to finding something new to catch.

Where are some good spots (LAT/LON) to go fishing out of either the
Jersey Shore or the Island?

What can I expect to catch out there obviously blues, stripers and
fluke, but is there any other nice game fish that may be within the
limits of a single engine 25'?

Can anyone recommend any websites that may be a good source of
information on fishing the NY/NJ area specifically?

What about good bait shops that offer a wealth of experience and
information (and bait)?

Thanks for any help!
MJK