Old March 22nd, 2006, 10:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default I'm ashamed of my country

In article .com,
riverman wrote:

My Lei would not even be prosecuted today, I fear. All of this shames
and sickens me; the random killing, the endorsement of it by many
Americans (and the associated attacks on people who condemn it), and
the absolute impossibility of most of it ever coming to justice.

What's more, not only is all this stuff morally repugnant: to be
brutally pragmatic about it, it's also enormously damaging to the
future safety of America and Americans.

This doesn't seem to have occurred to those who

a) don't want to know it's happening (which is why I'm so worried about
the lack of information available to the general mass of people in the
States)
or
b) explain it away in the way you describe

See also

http://tinyurl.com/jfqrh

(and note that the Telegraph is a right-wing paper, and the SAS is far
from being a hotbed of pansy liberalism)