Old December 29th, 2007, 08:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Default A little "update" on Creoles and "recipes"....

wrote:

A native New Orleanian of my acquaint decided to make some fudge from a
_recipe_ found on a can of condensed milk. "Oh, it's wonderful stuff,
simple and easy and the directions are right on the can" she declared,
and then went on to describe how the _recipe_ needed to be modified, to
the point that her "recipe" barely resembled the original _recipe_. We
thought her "recipe" was pretty tasty stuff. When I mentioned the
thread here on good ol' ROFF, she said that if those folks at the milk
company didn't want anyone tampering with their fudge recipe, they
should be selling fudge instead of milk with recipes on the can...

Happy Holidays,

that's a brilliant remark...and, one of these days i hope to meet the
author and sample her fudge recipe, as well as her favorite drink recipe
(which i suspect ain't milk).