Old April 23rd, 2008, 09:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
brians

Default Dumb redfish question

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
I'm packing my bags for New Orleans, we leave on the
City of New Orleans (Amtrak) at 10:30 tonight, and I'm
taking a minimal amount of fishing gear.

My dumb question is this, do redfish have teeth ? What
I'm really asking is do I need to take my Boga Grip or
can I lip these when (if) I get one next to the kayak ?

I think redfish have smooth mouths/lips, but powerful crushers inside
their mouth. These guys seem to think it's ok to lip fish.

http://www.captdick.net/DIRTY%20WATER%20REDFISHIN'.htm

Have a great trip. If you get a chance, Fly Fishing in Sal****er has an
article on redfish, fishing in LA......hope you're packing a 9-10wt. ;-)

brians