Old May 8th, 2005, 12:54 AM
riverman

Stan wrote:
It almost appears as if the Feds are going to ignore the problem,
claiming the Sea Lions take only a small percentage of the salmon
run. However, the smart Sea Lions are now figuring out how to kill

the
oversize sturgeon in that area. Seeing these are the breeders, maybe
this will spark some action by the Feds.

"Whatever happened to all the Salmon around here. There used to be so
many that we caught them by the millions."

Any chance that the 'voracious commercial fishery' is having any
impact, or is it those indians and sea lions to blame?

--riverman

I actually heard a commercial fisherman in Norway tell me that the
worldwide Codfish stocks were depleted primarily because of all the
recreational fishermen catching them from shore.