Old May 8th, 2005, 07:22 AM
chas

"BJ Conner" wrote:
You can stop at a number of places along the Columbia between Portland
and Bonneville and buy salmon from native americans. I could never
understand why you couldn't buy a seal skin rug or a steak from them.
I alway though the perfect solution to the "Herschel" problem was to
shoot him and have a seal bar-b-que in the park right at Ballard Locks.

It seems logical if you have the rights to gill net salmon, chase
whales an a log canoe ( with an outboard motor ) then whats a dead seal
( or a dozen or so).
Everything I've read about how good seal taste was written by people
who were hungry enought to eat spegatti-Os and drink budwiser.a

It turns out sea lions don't tast any good, and the fur is uninteresting as
well. The local tribes couldn't in good conscience kill the beasts because
they knew the carcase would be wasted. We, on the other hand, aren't burdened
with such scruples...

Chas
remove fly fish to e mail directly