Old May 10th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Wolfgang

"Skwala" wrote in message

"chas" wrote in message
news:1115533373.ca48f5705dd75bbd9fed1f1d11feaf05@t eranews...
"BJ Conner" wrote:

It turns out sea lions don't tast any good, and the fur is uninteresting
as
well. The local tribes couldn't in good conscience kill the beasts
because
they knew the carcase would be wasted. We, on the other hand, aren't
burdened
with such scruples...

Chas
remove fly fish to e mail directly

I know a few tribal members on various reservations... and I don't think
any would mistake one for an environmentalist....

Well, which one is that, Sparky? I mean, hell, if one bad apple spoils the
barrel, why don't you just shoot this one and everybody can go their merry
way?

I know that you will find the whole spectrum across the reservation
population, but to imply that a native American is inherently a
conservationist by nature is something more in tune with Saturday morning
public service commercials than reality.

Although some great work is being done by one tribe in my area to restore
wildlife (driven mainly by the economic value derived), I know just as
many horror stories (such as shooting Bald Eagles for the fun of it and
leaving them where they drop, etc...) that offsets the good.

Well.....gosh.....when you put it that way, they sound almost human.

The reality of the situation is just much more complex than that....

True, true.......the pickanninies are just SO ADORABLE!

Wolfgang
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz