Old November 1st, 2003, 02:48 PM
Sierra fisher

Default knot strength?

You guys are too tough. My local fly shop sells a similar tool for $5. If
your time is worth a few cents per hour (half of you may qualify), this
thing would pay out.
"Tim Lysyk" wrote in message
Ah yes, the old "nailess" nail knot. That is how I tie my leader to
flyline. Costs nothing to do, never fails, easy to learn, never hinges
during casting, and has a certain elegance that would satsify even the the
elitest of the elitists.

Tim Lysyk
timlysyk at telus dot net

"Chas Wade" wrote in message
JR wrote:
Rodney, Inventor, wrote:

I sell the cheapest nail knot tool there is, price is now just a
buck.

Being a traditional literalist (literal traditionalist?), I use a nail,
which I'm pretty sure cost less than that.

It's easy enough to douoble the line back on itself and use the line as
the "nail". This reduces the price of the tool to zero.

Chas
remove fly fish to reply
http://home.comcast.net/~chas.wade/w...ome.html-.html

---