Old September 13th, 2006, 04:36 AM posted to alt.flyfishing
Skye Sheldan

Default Floating Fly Line

Yep expensive lines generally float better for longer. You can buy some
flyline floatant (conditioner) and apply it to your inexpensive line and it
will float for a loner time, less expensive and reasonably
effective......Kerry
"NowItsWhatever" wrote in message
Should floating fly line always float. I used a cheap fly rod combo this
weekend. The line floated well for a few hours. Then it started sinking
the first 20 - 30 feet or so. This was a problem because I was fishing in

lake using a dry fly and a drop fly. I wanted to let it sit out there

for
several minutes, but the fly line kept sinking. Do expensive fly lines
float better? Thanks.