Old December 12th, 2008, 09:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

Default 911

On Dec 11, 8:43*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Calif Bill wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:
With all due respect to your
career as a fireman, how many fires did you see there in Dayton
which involved a seven building complex with two 110 story towers
doused in thousands of gallons of jet fuel ?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest the answer is, "zero".

My buddy's brother was a Captain in the San Francisco fire department.

Hell, I can go you one better than that.

*MY* buddy's brother's cousin-in-law was a Martian torpedo man,
err ... Martian torpedo Martian. Really.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Photons ya say there Laddie. Why back in the day we all had them
little Titchy Girls. They were called Photons they were all bundled up
in cellophane britches wid a pee hole in em. Parede round the city all
decked out in crepe paper an munching Buffalo Hump sandwiches.
TaTonka?
White Buffalo Clan they was.
Don't even get me started.

TaTonka

So we're sitting there nipping at the buttons in the cold, checking
out the stars and the lights from Page.
The whole day in the dirt. Picking out shards, little pieces of corn
and rabbit bone.
Sometimes even counting mouse turds.
Packard's idea.
Trust a ****ing Hawaiian to find this ****.

The big guy comes over and says it is cool.
"Just get in at the end of the line when everybody goes into the
hogan."
Packard nods OK.
I am not feeling nausea, just like he said.
And then they start moving and we shuffle dance on in like the rest,
following the old guy.

Very cool inside, like a kiva. Actually it looks pretty real.
One side half out of the ground like they had fixed a crumbled wall
with goddamn cinder blocks.
But they really try so Im not going to be bougie critical.
I am tired. Just lean in and let it flow.
High drama, fire, log ceiling, singing.

The buzz is great. Like droning Tibetans on Sullivan.
Nobody does this **** in Jersey, and for sure in South River.
The old guy, doing a hop step, moves aside for a white Bison calf who,
in a fast walk, crosses the room, goes through the door and runs out
into the night on the Kaiparowits plateau.
TaTonka

Dave
Good nite