Old April 21st, 2011, 02:59 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Default Flint River Tournament April 10

Sunday - April 10, 2011 - day 25

Flint River Tournament, West Point Lake. Sunny and warm, water 62 - 65

Started at daylight on point I like throwing a Sammy. First cast I
missed two hits, next few casts getting hit on almost every cast but
no hookups. Switched to a Rico popper and caught three good spots
about 1.75 pounds each before the sun came over the trees and they
stopped. Stayed in the area and got a keeper spot on a Senko in a
blowdown and a fifth one to fill my limit on a jig head on a point.

Ran to a spawning cove and bass were on the beds - had been told there
were some good fish bedding in there, but a young couple was hitting
them hard, and two of my club members were idleing out as I went in,
saying one had three and other no fish. They said they could see them
but not get them to bite.

I could not see fish but could see beds, and caugth two good keeper
largemouth to cull my smallest spots on a jig and pig thrown around
the beds. Then I went to another creek. Just before weigh-in I got a
3.5 pound largemouth by a stump on a jig and pig.

At weigh-in big fish was 4.76 and he had five at 13.82 for first. I
got second with 9.68, third was 8.77.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com