Old June 3rd, 2004, 01:08 AM
Mark Barrett

Default upper lower peninsula Michigan

Well, my 2 favorites are the upper Boardman River which eventually flows
thru Traverse City. I like to fish it up in the headwaters - the South
Branch. Lots of hungry little Brookies and Browns. Nothing big - but
cold, clear water, plenty of fish and I've never seen another soul.
My other favorite is the Jordan River above Pinney Bridge. This
eventually flows into the big lake thru East Jordan. At or just above
Pinney Bridge I've had action packed days for Brookies, an occasional
Brown and lots of 9-12" Steelhead Smolt. However, the river is
criss-crossed all over with downed timber - when you hook a fish they
go right down for the logs, so, you have to horse them.

beartooth91

Particle Salad wrote:

So I'll be heading back home to the ol' D-town in August, and we

happen to
be heading up for a family thing around Alpena... so.. of course,

I'll put
the 4 piece in my luggage, but I need some advice please...

What are my best bets in that area? Keep in mind that I won't have

room for
waders (gotta fit the hockey gear and get in a few games with my

brothers),
gear will be pretty limited. What streams should be good that time

of year?
Any web sites I should keep an eye on for updated conditions? Thanks...