Old November 9th, 2006, 09:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
chas

Default Ambassadeur 500 Parts Explosion

"fganje" wrote:
This reel must be a good one.... the 1968 ad shows the fisherman with one on
the line while holding one by the tail.

"chas" wrote in message
I'm not posting the picture, but I need one. Does anyone have an
Ambassadeur
5000, and still have the parts list and diagram. Mine has a thick plastic
washer that I believe is the part that provides the tension for the drag.
It's
old enough that it's hard as a rock, so the drag adjusts from off to full
on in
just 1/10 of a rotation of the star wheel.

If you could take a scan or picture of the diagram and post it here, I
could
verify that it's the same model as mine and then have the part number so I
can
order a replacement.

Thanks in advance,

Chas
remove fly fish to e mail directly

[ reel.jpg ] (Attachment)

Actually, the one on the line is the one he has by the tail. I've seen quite a
few fishermen wind in too close to the fish and then put a strain on the rod
while handling the fish. I don't understand why they painted the picture that
way.