Old August 10th, 2004, 03:52 AM
Rodney

Default Catch & Release

Craig wrote:
In Michigan, my pond or my lake means I own the hole, but once water enters
that hole, the state of Michigan has regulation over the water and the
wildlife that is in it or on it. I can maintain it (meaning I can stock it
how I please), but if the state HAS any knowledge of that pond, limit laws
can be enforced and it can never be drained without DEQ's permission - under
the laws that govern wetlands.

That means your state is CRAZY, and you will never have any decent size
fish in a small pond,, not for long anyway,, I would love to read that
law,, surely it's posted some where on the internet ?

Let me tell you that is not the case everywhere,, and it's sure not down
south, our state has a little bit of brains when it comes to fish and
game management

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread