Old November 21st, 2003, 09:46 PM
Thundercat

Default HELP..Baitcasting reels

"mhood" wrote in message
snip
get him a Scorpion 1000 (right handed retrieve) or 1001 (left handed). It

is HANDS DOWN the best buy/performing low profile reel I have ever used. I
don't know anyone who has one who doesn't agree. They don't have a "side
button" but I bet your sweetie will be able to work past that one. They
also come up frequently on ebay.

mhood

In your price range I would highly recommend a Shimano Scorpion. They are
have absolutely the most bang for the buck IMO. However, don't limit
yourself to japan tackle if you are seriously interested in a Scorpion.
There are places that have them cheaper (new) besides EBay. You can try the
link in my signature for another option...

--
Harry J. aka Thundercat
Bass fishing is NOT a hobby...