Old June 19th, 2011, 04:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
danl

Default June tournament

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 10:59:59 -0700 (PDT), Ronnie
wrote:

Sunday - June 12, 2011 - day 43

Flint River Bass Club tournament, Lake Oconee, water temps 87 degrees.
Fished 5 AM to 1 PM trying to beat the heat - didn't work

Very disappointing tournament. We took off in dark and partner wanted
to fish some lighted docks he likes so we ran down to them - and the
lights were off. Started up the river and stopped on a point in the
dark.
Usually a good point but nothing hit

Ran to my favorite topwater point and got there as sky got gray - good
timing. Worked around it for over an hour without a hit. Fished the
area until almost 9 when I got a hit on a jig head in a rock pile in a
cove and landed a 15 inch keeper. Four hours to get first one.

Fished some docks and a pocket, and back in it my jig head got heavy
and I set the hook on my second keeper at 10:30. Fished similar areas
but nothing. Tried some different stuff till 12 noon but no fish.

Went to a deep point and as I worked around it felt a tick and landed
my third keeper at 12:30. Got a short fish, just under 14 inches, on
next cast, but no more hits till we had to go in.

I placed sixth out of 15 people with three at 5.25 pounds. Took 9
pounds to win, just over six to get 4th place. Three bass over four
pounds each, one 5.67, nice fish winner had. Only one limit and four
zeroes!

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

This one just showed up on my download this morning...Talk about late
mail!!!

Dan