Old June 20th, 2011, 04:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe[_4_]

Default June tournament

"Ronnie" wrote in message
Sunday - June 12, 2011 - day 43

Flint River Bass Club tournament, Lake Oconee, water temps 87 degrees.
Fished 5 AM to 1 PM trying to beat the heat - didn't work

Very disappointing tournament. We took off in dark and partner wanted
to fish some lighted docks he likes so we ran down to them - and the
lights were off. Started up the river and stopped on a point in the
dark.
Usually a good point but nothing hit

Ran to my favorite topwater point and got there as sky got gray - good
timing. Worked around it for over an hour without a hit. Fished the
area until almost 9 when I got a hit on a jig head in a rock pile in a
cove and landed a 15 inch keeper. Four hours to get first one.

Fished some docks and a pocket, and back in it my jig head got heavy
and I set the hook on my second keeper at 10:30. Fished similar areas
but nothing. Tried some different stuff till 12 noon but no fish.

Went to a deep point and as I worked around it felt a tick and landed
my third keeper at 12:30. Got a short fish, just under 14 inches, on
next cast, but no more hits till we had to go in.

I placed sixth out of 15 people with three at 5.25 pounds. Took 9
pounds to win, just over six to get 4th place. Three bass over four
pounds each, one 5.67, nice fish winner had. Only one limit and four
zeroes!

Ronnie,

You periodic posts are the main reason I still check this group. Always and
interesting read.

Bob