Old December 21st, 2003, 01:36 PM
Roger Ohlund

Default Lapland clave 2004 maps

"rakane at verizon dot net" wrote in
message ...
A sleeping bag. Make that a sleeping bag with below zero degrees Celsius
comfort temperature.
A bottom sheet.
An inflatable sleeping mattress.
Waders. Breathables, since we will be hiking to some extent.

I just have to ask, why have an inflatable mattress if you are preparing

for
cold weather? I went late season elk hunting with about 18" of snow, and
that night one of our hunters got hypothermia because he was sleeping on

an
inflatable mattress. The physician in the group had to drive him into
Pendleton. That mattress allowed the cold to penetrate from the side of

the
mattress, where those with the old foam standbys were toasty warm.

Just curious.

Well, that might be so but we're not camping under winter conditions, more
like summer.
It might get down to a couple of degrees above freezing for an hour or two
if it gets realy cold at night.
On the other hand it might be 30 degrees Celsius during daytime, which in my
experience won't in any way mean that you go to bed in cold sleeping gear.

/Roger