Old May 11th, 2005, 02:56 AM
JackK

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"SteptInSomethin" wrote in message
I used to be fairly active on this ng, but all kinds of stuff happened a
few years ago that got me completely away from fishing. I've been lurking
here for the last few months, and it's good to see some familiar names
still active here. It's kind of like coming home after being away for a
long time.
I've spent the last month or two cleaning my poor boat up - it was my
Dad's boat, but he's no longer with us - part of the 'stuff' I mentioned
above. It's a 17' Javelin, and it's been sitting for 3 years now, so you
can imagine what kind of shape was in. It's amazing how much dirt and
leaves a boat can collect, even when it's under a tarp! But now, all I
need is a battery, and two tires for the trailer, and I'm back on the
water! Which leads me to my question. Do you have to use 'trailer' tires
on a boat trailer? In other words, is there a difference in how the tires
are made that make them more suited for a trailer? I know I've seen guys
pulling trailers with passenger car tires on them, and I always wondered
if that was a smart thing to do, but I've never had the need to check
into this question until now. I don't want to put tires on it that might
put the whole rig in jeopardy. Any info anyone can share on this will be
greatly appreciated.

Tires designed for a trailer have a different design for the sidewall
construction. I'd only run trailer tires if I were you.

Welcome back and I'm sorry for your loss,
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Makes sense to me. And it's good to be back.
Thanks, Steve.

Bass Wishes from South Florida
Jack
http://www.bassguidesoftware.com