Old July 8th, 2011, 08:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

Default Possible clave?

On 2011-07-08 14:55:28 -0400, jeff said:

what is the per person cost at lakewood now dave? do you think this
july was an oddity as far as the weather and fish? ...and biting flies
and skeeters?

jeff

Double occupancy is $160/day and includes three deliciously prepared
meals. If you wish to fish through the dinner hour, meals can be
delivered to your cabin before 8 pm.

I have spent the last three 4ths of July in camp and the fishing has
been very good to excellent. The skeeters this year are blamed on a
very rainy early season, but except for fishing that one night, they
were not a problem. I imagine if we had been more liberal with the bug
juice that we wouldn't have had any problems. The black flies (late
May to mid June) were a bear this year. The breeze caused by the
rushing waters at the dam kept them at bay, however. There are no black
flies in July.

While sitting on the porch at our camp, I used that little OFF machine
(about $6 for about 15 hours of service). Replace the battery and
filter for a nominal fee and you are back it business. It actually
WORKED as long as I wore it. I did not try it on the stream because it
wasn't needed. Did you know that a vodka martini kills a mosquito?
And, beer doesn't! Makes a man wonder. d;o)

Dave