Old September 21st, 2010, 06:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Default Sept tournament

On Sep 20, 9:40*pm, "geoff" wrote:
I'd run out and buy a lottery ticket if I was you...

Yea - can't believe they are doing that. But I had a similar
experience with an 1977 Evenrude 115. The rings broke and the shop
that was rebuilding it said they had seen a lot of problems with that
motor. I contacted OMC and they paid for all the parts even tho the
motor was four years old. They had designed the motor for high
compression and during that time is when gas octane was lowered -
causing preignition and ring breaking. Not really their fault, but
they stood behind their motor like Yamaha is doing now.

I "broke" two motors all on my own - and never felt bad about paying
to have them rebuilt.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com