Old March 9th, 2014, 11:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
notbob

Default Wow! This used to be one heck of a group.

On 2014-03-09, Roy wrote:

It is a shame so many folks have left. There are free Usenet accounts available
for text groups. It would be nice to lure some of those folks. back here.

Howdy. My name is notbob. I'm a rank fly fishing noob. I left cuz
this group was populated mostly by a buncha snotty jerks. That it
died completely is hardly a surprise. You're the first post I've seen
in weeks. Maybe we can jump start it anew.

I've been unable to fish for 5 yrs, my time spent caring for my
alzheimer mom. Now I'm able to fish and live right next to the
headwaters of the Arkansas R, which has just been promoted to "gold"
status. I get my new waders this week and have been studiously
re-learning fly fishing. I can't wait.

notbob