Old November 23rd, 2003, 09:28 PM
Peter Charles

Default Is there any advantage in a spey rod?

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:13:06 +0000, Lazarus Cooke
wrote:

In article , Peter Charles
wrote:

I should also mention that two-handers are getting wider use for
overhead casting on the coast.

It never occurred to me that two-handed rods are a gimmick. I've used
them since I was tiny. I agree with the late Hugh Falkus (I quote from
memory) "the mystery is not how Americans fish for salmon with a
single-handed rod, but why".

Lazarus

I was just following on from, "Are they really any better for
spey casting, or is just a gimmick?" I thought it a strange question
coming from the other side of the pond.

More Americans and Canadians are fishing for salmon and steelhead with
two-handers than ever before. I guess it isn't a mystery anymore.

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharl...ers/index.html