Old November 12th, 2003, 02:48 PM
licker

Default Redfish spawn

Speed depends on conditions, Sometimes I like just fast enough to keep it
off the bottom and others I like bouncing it off the bottom. if the bottom.
If I was going to attach a trailer I would attach it to the last ring where
the hook attaches. I would make it about 12 to 18 inches. I f I was
attaching a flasher I would make it at the point where I attached the line
or at the hook location depending on the type of spoon.

I have several different type of spoons I throw. Some are weedless and some
are not. Some have more then one treble hook and others just one. I have
no preference on type of spoon. I just look at the type of bottom I might
be fishing in and choose if I want one designed to bounce of the bottom or
one that is suppose to be retrieved. If their is a lot of grass in the
water I will go weedless. I also fished the spoon under a cork in heavy
grass locations. Using the cork helps keep the spoon above the grass and
allows it to flutter up and down as you pop the cork.

Every wonder what your lure may look like going through the water try
throwing the lure in a swimming pool. Try different retrieve speeds and
methods. Try twitching your wrist while letting the lure settle on a bump
and retrieve method.

Satge