Old October 11th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Ron M.

Many professional fishing guides are skilled with cast nets, as they
use them for catching their live bait. You might call one up and ask
what he'd charge for a quickie cast-net-throwing lesson.

A lot of these guys are especially skilled at throwing really LARGE
nets, those big whoppers that look like they cover half an acre. I'd
like to know how to throw one of these, myself. I can throw a little
6-footer OK, but I get lost trying to learn to throw a big one, with
all this "put two folds over your back, hold this part between your
teeth, loop your arm twice around the lower upper middle blahblahblah."
Someone who really knew how could show you in a couple of minutes.

Ron M.