Old March 20th, 2006, 02:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,alt.fishing

Default The Sport of Carp Fishing

"greg" wrote in
I bet if someone in the USA starts up CarpMaster and put some money into
marketing (and this will happen very soon) you will be the first one to
switch

I bet I wouldn't, nothing and I mean nothing beats the excitement I get from
chasing bass down, I've fished for a lot of different fish, freshwater and
sal****er alike, nothing gets my blood pumping faster than a bass hitting my
lure or bait... Tuna come pretty close, but that's about it, but pound for
pound the Bluegill might be the hardest fighting fish. I wish we had some 5
pound bluegills. Bluegill Master, I would sign up for that :-)

"E." wrote in message

Down here the protocol is to cut their stinking heads off then let them
go.
There's no denying carp are a good fighting fish, but they are a
destructive pest. Anyone releasing a carp deserves to have all their gear
confiscated, and face court.

That *would* be a fun catch on 6lb line. Most spots i go to the carp are
70-100cm+. Killing them is a civic duty.

Yes, if it was spent on rotenone to kill them.
E.