Old November 16th, 2007, 01:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Rodney Long

Default Yesterday's Spearfishing Catch off Daytona - 1 cobia, one scampgrouper and a bug

CB wrote:

The water was a little chilly, especially the third dive. After my buddy and
I shot a cobia a piece a bull shark showed up and bugged us all the way up
to the boat

Man I hate Bull sharks, 98% of all shark attacks, world wide, are made
by those guys, If he had gotten close enough to me, a 357 Power Head
would have went off. Not because I would be scared, just I hate them so
much. More than once I have had them take my spear fishing catch, and
hit a fish I was fighting while surf fishing. All of the Shark attacks
we have had on swimmers locally have been from those guys

There is no shortage of Bull Sharks, (unlike their deeper water
relatives) as they mainly live close to shore, not where commercial
fisherman can fish for them , but where they come in contact with
swimmers. I have flown low over the beaches of Florida, and have seen
them by the thousands inside the sand bars. Their fins never broach the
surface, unless they are in 1 foot of water (which they go frequently),
the swimmers never know they are surrounded by them.

They had two idiots filming a shark hugger documentary a couple years
back, and they were wading among Bulls in 2 feet of water, showing how
they were safe, that Bulls don't just attack people, when a Bull nailed
one of the fools

That is one shark there should be no limit on for the sport fisherman
surf fishing, as their numbers need reducing along the beaches. These
new limit regulations, are going to increase shark attacks along
America's beaches, but the left wingers will claim it's due to Global
Warming.

--
SpecTastic Wiggle Rig,
Fishing lure remote control