Old May 14th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Steve & Chris Clark

Default Nothin Small About My Smallie

I understand everything you say here and even the things you just can't put
into words, I hear ya palamio!!! I hear ya! Great isn't it? Thanks for the
memories too! How many guys can say they have a +7lb smallie under their
belt in this whole world? Not too many! I let her go too, just as you did,
a very special landmark in my fishing career. I have some huge Lms (off the
N.A. continent) under my belt but they pail in comparison to the 7 smallie.
Truly the pinnacle fish of my life so far. I remember measuring a 28 1/4"
smallie my dad caught when I was a teenager like it was yesterday. I just
can't get enough of big bass!
--
Stony

"go-bassn" wrote in message
All I could do was hold it in amazement Steve, I know what you mean

brother.
This lake's bben kicking out some 5's the last few years, I hope the

growth
continues. I only wish I was filming when that girl went airborne, that

was
awesome. Talk about strong!

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

"Steve & Chris Clark" wrote in message
Welcome to the seven pound SM club Warren!
Mine was 7.2 on a digital scale, opening day, two or three year ago now.
I think I told you about it at the time it happened, awesome isn't it!
--
Stony

"go-bassn" wrote in message
Went prefishin today as Thundercat's coming down Sunday for some

bed-fishing
lessons. I was scanning a shoreline when I saw a huge bed in about 8

feet
of water. It was clearly a smallmouth bed as the LM beds in this lake

look
entirely different & are generally shallower. There was an ominous

dark
shape on the bed, but at first I thought it too big to be a bass. A

carp
maybe?

I flipped my 3" Zoom Tube on the bed & was thrilled to see the fish

rush
it
immediately. No carp baby! I felt a solid thump on my line & set the

hook,
nothing. I reeled in & fixed the tube, dipped in in Smelly Jelly &

pitched
it back to the center of the bed. This time I just held my rod still

with
semi-tight line & it slowly moved off to the right. I set hard & the

big
gal launched about a foot out of the water. She was huge, easily the
biggest smallie I've ever hooked.

After a breif battle I landed her. Sadly I had no scales but she may

have
gone 7 pounds, 6 at least. Made my day, ok my week. What a gorgeous

fish.
Hopefully she'll still be there when Harry comes down Sunday.

Warren 8-)
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com