Old June 8th, 2011, 05:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Frank Reid © 2010

Default The price of feathers is going up

On Jun 8, 8:35*am, JR wrote:
On 6/8/2011 8:39 AM, Frank Reid 2010 wrote:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110603/AP0412/306039961

Can find no hackle in most of the stores I haunt.

Bummer, but given that it's a fashion thing, it'll pass.

Stay dry, pal.

- JR

On the other hand.. since I use a whole bunch more snowshoe rabbit
than hackle, I can get a LOT OF MONEY from ladies that want to buy my
hackle. Take a $25 hackle and sell it for 300 bucks? Crap! You know
how many T&Ts (Thomas and Thomas or Tanqueray and Tonic) I can get for
that kind of money? I figure I'm sitting on 10K worth of hackle right
now. I see a new fishing trailer in my future.
Frank Reid