Old June 9th, 2011, 01:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Guy[_2_]

Default The price of feathers is going up

On Jun 8, 8:39*am, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
http://www.omaha.com/article/20110603/AP0412/306039961

Can find no hackle in most of the stores I haunt.
Frank Reid

Oops. Started thinking about this saddle situation. I may benefit
greatly with the almost impossibility to purchase genetic saddles.
All of a sudden my wife, my daughters, may granddaughters and a few of
their friends are interested in my fly tying room...Mmmm, I've even
tied several weaves of feathers for their hair. I guess maybe it'l
look like Haloween around here with a bunch of women dressed like
genetic chickens.
Nope. Not selling my feathers for $5 ea. Just going to parley a deal
where I can buy more time on the river and a little extra stuff to ad
to my "fly shop room" without listening to "All you ever want to do is
go fishing" blabbering. Wish me luck and let me know how it work out
for your benefit.
Luckily I have purchase a bunch of Premium grade saddles over the
decades and about 10 months ago went by a flyshop that was trying to
get rid of a bunch of dyed saddles for $12 ea. Showing interest as I
thought these might tie nicely into steely patterns, He sold me 10 @
$10 each. Not Premiums but pretty good saddles.
Guy