Old June 11th, 2011, 05:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR[_5_]

Default The price of feathers is going up

On 6/8/2011 8:46 PM, Guy wrote:
On Jun 8, 9:35 am, wrote:
On 6/8/2011 8:39 AM, Frank Reid 2010 wrote:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110603/AP0412/306039961

Can find no hackle in most of the stores I haunt.

Bummer, but given that it's a fashion thing, it'll pass.

Stay dry, pal.

- JR

Hey JR.
Headed to Oregon to visit my parents in a couple of week. Won't have
time for the Deschutes. Maybe the Sandy for an hour or two. Hope all
is well with you and the Deschutes Brewery. Have you tried Obsidean
(sp?) yet? None in TX
Guy

Hey, Guy. I guess you didn't hear, but I moved to DC a couple of years
ago, for work. I go back to Oregon a couple of times a year to fish and
fill up on beer, but that's about it (until retirement, at least).

Yeah, Obsidian is very good, but old habits die hard, and I'm pretty
much a Black Butte Porter, Mirror Pond Ale kind of guy, with a little
Jubelale throw in for the holidays.

Have fun on your trip. Check out the Oregon board at Westfly.com if you
think you might get some fishing in.

- JR