Old July 9th, 2004, 12:54 AM
dscotts

Default New England Bass Fishing ??

RichZ wrote:
That would be Lunker City's new Ozmo, which despite my best efforts is
still not on the market. Waiting on packaging (I just redid all their
packaging, and the new lures will never see the old packaging if I have
anything to say about it. Which I don't, actually) and on the last two or
three colors to be shot. The colors I gave you were watermelon redflake and
peanutbutter pumpkinseed.

that explains it .... cause I vaguely remembered you said it was Lunker
City but I couldn't find it on their sight. they look good, all kinds of
undulating appendages!

FWIW, the day we ran into you on the water way down south, we had a real
good spinnerbait bite early (chartreuse/gold) and then it settled in to a
jerkbait/soft jerkbait bite on the hard-stuff spots once the sun came out
strong. Plus a bunch of mostly smaller fish on the drop-shot rig.

like I said, we're learning. but at least we caught fish every time out
- always a decent one or 2 - so better than some of the reports I read
around here from guys that are fishing their home waters, let alone a
new lake or on a lake for the first time. unlike you, that day we saw
you down south we could hardly buy a fish, although that spot you saw us
in we caught 6-7, mostly juniors, we were their for a reason. for
whatever reasons, that is a 10% spot.

we bumped into it the day before and probably caught 15 fish on a couple
of 3 visits out of it over the course of a few hours in the drizzling
rain after we hardly sniffed a fish all day, as well as another half
dozen (couple acceptable ones) up and down that bank all along those
reeds with the Mann's ghost. as for that spot, mostly juveniles in the
11- 12 in. range but every once in a while a decnt 2, 3, pounder came
out of there, caught some white perch out of that school of juves as
well. the funny part is 10 yards above or below and we rarely found a
fish but right back in that spot of maybe a 10 yard circle and bingo.
even if we'd drift it wrong because of the wind and theoretically
disturb the spot, it wouldn't matter. still caught them and its only
like 5 feet deep and sometimes we were right over top of them but it
didn't seem to matter. when their on, their on, I guess and could give a
crap about the world. every time we went buy we could see some fish
working and busting the top a little, obviously chasing bait fish
gathered their. why that spot for 2 days straight, or who knows how
long, out of all the rest of it, it would take a mind like yours to
better understand. but, I have it stored away for further review.