Old February 23rd, 2004, 03:22 AM
John Kerr

Default Boats

If there is a boat dealership close by that has the facilities to test
the motor, and inspect the boat, I would insist on that. Without putting
it in the water, you are going to have to rely on your own judgement and
knowledge of the "package" offered. There are some really great deals
offered in the off season, so it is not a bad time to shop around, and
buy that "toy", just take some common sense precautions! If you don't
know the seller personally, or someone who does know them, then make
sure you check the paper work out to your satisfaction before exchanging
any money. Like I said, wintertime buys can be really good...or really
bad...just be smart is all!
JK